- The socket notch faces outside the board.
- Mounting holes are on 5×5 mm grid.
- Must be able to signal the mainboard on the IRQ/GPIO pin (socket pin #3)
- Module must use no more than 60 mA during startup, and must be able to run at 60 mA indefinitely (modules will be able to request more power, but these requests may be denied)
For STM8S-based modules:
- 0.1uF decoupling capacitor on Vdd, located near the microcontroller's power input pins
- At least one or two additional 1.0uF decoupling capacitors (not explicitly required, but recommended)
- 1.0uF capacitor connected between Vcap and ground
- 0.1uF capacitor connected between NRST and ground
- GO! Bus pin 4 should be connected to STM8S SWIM pin
- GO! Bus pin 5 should be connected to STM8S NRST pin
For more details on power supply connections and PCB layout recommendations see AN2860 - EMC guidelines for STM8 microcontrollers
- The socket shrouding is 1.5 mm away from the edge.
- Mounting holes should be 3.0 mm (tight fit) or 3.2 mm (loose fit) in diameter.
- UART_RX (from module's perspective)
- UART_TX (from module's perspective)